Monday, June 24, 2013

Soooo close

Lost another 1.5 pounds this week, for a total of 34.5 since Christmas and 27.5 since beginning a paleo plan on April 6. Another 1.5-pound loss will put me in the overweight range (rather than the obese one) on a standard BMI calculator. LoseIt says my BMI is 30.27.

Never thought I'd be thrilled to be overweight. Heh.

I had to do a three-step on the scale this week; the first number seemed too low, and it was. The second and third tries matched, so that's what I'm going with.

I still seem to have a distrust of the process. My concern is that if I have a big loss, as I did last week, it will be unsustainable and I'll make up for it with a gain the following week. Since April 6 I've had one small gain, and it wasn't unexpected.

All these weeks of consistent losses haven't been expected either, to tell you the truth!

If I get to the goal I set for myself at Christmas, I'll still be overweight. I'm rethinking the goal, obviously. Not because I think BMI is the best arbiter of a healthy weight, but because I'd love to again weigh what I did when I moved from Ohio 16 years ago.

Not sure if it's possible. Sixteen additional years generally makes it more difficult to lose. I guess we'll see if and when we get to my original goal.

Company leaves today ... it's been a great weekend, busy and fun, and a good way for them to begin a two-week trip. They'll be ending the trip with us, as well.

Something to look forward to!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...