Thursday, June 27, 2013

So far this has been a less-than-stellar week

At least we're over the hump!

I'm not going to call it a bad week because I missed two workouts. Monday was a planned rest day. Yesterday was an active day, just not an intentionally active one. Dragging the hose around the garden center for a couple of hours is active, and I didn't sit down all morning.

But I can't count it as MILES. A bit obsessive I am, yes? Heh.

A big blue-and-green blob of rain and thunderstorms is directly west of us and moving east on the weather radar map. I have plenty of time to walk this morning before work if I can wake up enough to Just Do It.

Need. More. Coffee.

Actually, what I need is to think about Texas Senator Wendy Davis's epic filibuster – nearly 13 hours on her feet without a bathroom break or food or even a drink of water. What an inspiration. After the Supreme Court scuttled the Voting Rights Act, she may not even get to keep her state Senate seat.

But she'd make a fine governor.

On that note, I'm heading out for a four-miler. If it rains … so what. I've been rained on before and I haven't melted.

Yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I <3 Wendy Davis! I can't imagine doing that without water. She's a hero. Do you know her office was firebombed or something last year? So it's wonderful to see such continuing bravery.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...