Saturday, June 15, 2013

More …

Okay, so that meeting's over and we're free from now until 6. And I just couldn't wait to get back to you, and you, and you.

Also my room is being cleaned, so I'd rather be out here in the lobby soaking up the free wi-fi than in the room (where the wi-fi costs $12.95/day) dodging the maid.

Food has been … problematic. Yesterday wasn't too bad. I asked for a gluten-free entree for lunch, and the grilled chicken and sautéed summer vegetables were fine. I passed up the potatoes.

Dinner was substantial hors d'ouevres. I ate very little, but appreciated the presentation of potato chips in martini glasses.

Breakfast today was fruit for me, fruit and Danish for the other attendees. No protein. The cashews I brought with me came in handy mid-morning. I should have taken a picture of the lunch buffet: three kinds of sandwiches. I'm not sure what my luncheon companions thought about me taking one of each and then ditching the bread!

I couldn't take a picture of the lunch buffet because my phone didn't stay charged long enough. While the hotel is lovely and the service is excellent, it is not equipped with free wi-fi (except here in the lobby) and the battery drains quickly. Oh. Well.

It's probably fired back up by now, so I think I'm going to call it a blogging day and move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think breakfast is the hardest meal to deal with at a hotel. Waffles, bagels, doughnuts, muffins, danishes, cereal... not a single thing I would eat. I'm always thrilled when they have those awful over-cooked hard-boiled eggs!

I like anything presented in a martini glass. Fancy!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...