Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Halfway there.

If you made a New Year's resolution to get fit, improve your health, lose weight, save money, fall in love or get divorced in 2013, well … how are you doing?

My day-after-Christmas commitment was to lose 50 pounds and walk 1,000 miles in 2013. In order to do that, I planned to count calories, log my food every day and average walking three miles each day.

So, how have I done?

There are 41 empty days on my exercise log, and just two on my food log. As of last Monday I'd lost 34.5 pounds, but I think tomorrow's weigh-in is going to be up a bit. I weigh myself daily and this week's scale readings have been all over the place.

My calorie-counting days aren't over, but I'm counting protein, vegetables and fruit, having eliminated legumes, dairy, grains and sugar when I started the Whole 30 plan on April 6. It's now the Whole 84. On Day Whole 90, I'm planning to have cake to celebrate my granddaughter's sixth birthday.

I hope it's worth it.

I began tracking my miles using dailymile on January 1. Here's how I've done:


As the end of June loomed, I started thinking about the mileage number I'd like to see at the halfway point of the year. I usually try to make it come out to an even number, but I realized that I had the opportunity to finish the sixth month with a sequential number IF I could put in back-to-back six-milers yesterday and today.

So I did.

And while I was at it, I auditioned a couple C25K apps. Because who knows? Maybe my "racing" days aren't over after all.

Okay, your turn. Are you happy with your accomplishments so far this year? Are you on track to meet your goals? Have you changed your mind, or your plan?

Do tell.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...