Monday, June 3, 2013

It was bound to happen

After a long weekend away from my kitchen, and one in which I relied on too many Larabars and ate too few vegetables, I have – after eight weeks – gone backwards in the weight-loss mission.

Up half a pound. Half a pound! That's like nothing for someone like me, whose weight fluctuates wildly from morning to night and day to day. I'm not upset or discouraged or dismayed or worried or wondering if I'll ever lose another pound again ever, ever, ever.

I am, in fact, dancing with the one who brought me. The paleo plan has been working remarkably well, and I'm certainly not planning to change partners. Love the one you're with, and all that.

We were super-busy this weekend. Both grandchildren were performing Friday and Saturday nights, and Thursday was dress rehearsal. The performances went off without a hitch and I'm glad I was there to be a part of the excitement.

Meals, however, were catch as catch can, and finding decent paleo fast food is impossible. I'm sure the grilled chicken sandwich I had yesterday (sans bun) was loaded with salt, as was the bag of cashews I picked up at a convenient store when I got gas. I'd hoped to buy a banana there, but there were none to be had.

So much for good intentions. (And poor planning on my part.)

My activity level was a bit on the light side, as well. Three miles Thursday and Friday, a little less Saturday and none yesterday, which is the opposite end of the spectrum from my usual weekend activity.

All in all, though, I'm fine with the uptick. Onward. And downward!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I suggest, right now while it is fresh in your mind, making a (food) list of what you wished you had take with you for the weekend. It is hard (in my opinion) to think of things when you are getting ready to leave. A list makes a huge difference. And no better time than when it is fresh in your mind.

gingerzingi said...

Vickie's right - planning makes all the difference. Primal food is impossible to find in convenience stores and fast food - even things like beef jerky and Slim Jims are loaded with sugar!

Some of our Go-To foods are hard-boiled eggs, a bag of spinach, nuts, cans of smoked oysters, carrot and celery sticks, and dried plums.

Diandra said...

A few ziploc bags with unsalted nuts, dried fruit and paleo crackers should do the trick. Just store them in your pantry for grab-n-go. ^^

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...