Thursday, February 23, 2012

How weird is this ...

I mention that you don't leave spam comments and I get a spam comment!

It's like going to amazon.com to look for wireless printers and getting an e-mail from amazon.com with wireless printer deal in it.

It's like cruising the Coldwater Creek website for a blue sweater and then having blue sweater ads show up on the next website I visit. You know, the not-amazon.com one with all the printers.

It's like every since I linked to that New York Times Magazine story about creepy marketing practices, I've been assaulted by creepy marketing practices!


And spam.

Maybe you're not spam, Booker, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But I won't link to you and I definitely won't be following you on Twitter. Nice try, but your timing is just a little bit off.

1 comment:

denise said...

It totally creeps me out when I start seeing things I've browsed on-line following me around "the internets." But it's the world we live in I guess. I don't want to suffer the inconvenience of turning off cookies and having the system not remember the things I want it to, so I guess the alternative is to suffer with the retail cyber stalking...

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...