Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home again …

and you didn't even know I was gone!

I drove almost all day today. What a delight to see cherry trees bursting with pink and bright yellow daffodils blooming two states south. Spring will be here in southern West Virginia before we know it.

I left on Friday under a tornado watch and arrived in North Carolina under another one, but all I experienced was unusually strong winds. Had a good weekend which included a visit to the North Carolina Museum of Art. I was very impressed – the museum has a large Rodin sculpture collection, as well as a couple of Wyeths I just stumbled upon. I only spent a couple hours there, so certainly didn't see everything. The stainless steel tree is one of the first things you see as you approach the building and was stunning.

It's always good to be home again. I'm going to get my jammies on and watch the Oscars. Or at least watch the Oscars until I can't keep my eyes open any longer. 'Til tomorrow …

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...